Monday 11 May 2009

A Birthday, a Cat and a Card

Busy week as usual, but possibly a little more busy than usual. It's my youngest son's 9th Birthday tomorrow, which he's getting so excited about. Also our cat, Trixie, is due to have kittens. She's already a few days overdue, based on the date we took a photo of the suspected father (paternity suit evidence), so I'm fully expecting that she'll have them tomorrow, which will make my son's birthday extra special.

The card I have done is for the Sugar Bowl Challenge which is a sketch and has to include buttons. Here's the card.


Wasn't too sure about whether I liked this card until I put the image on and then it all came together. The papers used are Basic Grey Oh Baby! Girl - Lily and Taylor and also English Paper Company Get Groovy. The scrolly part at the top, where the bird is sitting and the pink ric rac pattern are Papermania Felt Ribbon. The flower is from a garland making set which Sainsbury's were selling off after Mother's Day (I like a bargain), with a pink button for the centre. Again a pretty girl from Sugar Nellie's Gorjuss Girls first collection called A Little Birdy Told Me, coloured with watercolours.

Hope you like the card. Off to check on Trixie to see if she's thought about having any little ones whilst I've been doing this blog.

Bye for now.

Susan

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card!! Love your combo of colors and your image is adorable!! Thanks so much for joining in the challenge! :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete