Saturday 27 June 2009

Sunday Sketch & Stamp Challenge #5 - Arianne's Sketch

Been gone a long time. Mainly been helping my husband with his end of course marking so that his students get their qualifications. Also had my hands full with the kittens.

Trixie had her kittens on 15 May 2009. She had 4 beautiful kittens who all look very different from each other. The first was Tabby Kitten (most of the kittens aren't named yet because they'll get their names from their new families) who we at first thought was a girl but turned out to be a boy. Tabby was followed by Patch Kitten who was always a girl because she's a Mimi Mummy, she looks so like Trixie with tortoise shell and white markings. The third was a ginger kitten (takes after Daddy - I have the photos to prove it) who we thought was a boy but turned out to be a girl. This one has been named Biscuit because my daughter thinks she smells of biscuits and carrots (strange combination) and also she's a ginger biscuit and a kitkat orange biscuit. Biscuit will be staying with us as she "chose" my husband and likes to lay on his shoulder purring when he's layed on the couch. The final kitten was so much bigger than the others that we thought it must be a boy but turned out to be a girl. She has the nickname Bear because she was like Baloo the Bear in size. She's black but with small flashes of tortoise shell and little flashes of white on her neck and tummy. I'll try to post some pictures.

The card I've made is for my son's friend who has fallen for the Patch Kitten and so I've tried to put a mini version of Patch Kitten on the card. The layout I've used is from Sunday Sketch & Stamp Challenge #5.


The papers are The English Paper Company Fairy Fun. The image is another Gorguss Girl from Sugar Nellie and she's called Little Goth Girl. I coloured her with watercolour pencils and added a flower gem in her hair (not very keen on the skull and crossbones that's underneath). The kitten is from another Gorguss Girl stamp - Purrfect Friend and I've coloured it as near as I can to have Patch Kitten's markings.

I'd now like to introduce to you my youngest son, Joshua's version of the girl above which, for a first attempt at colouring with watercolours, is excellent.

Didn't he do well. We added her to the inside of the card.

I have another card which I will hopefully be posting tomorrow or the day after, just don't have the time to write up the blurb.

Thank you for looking and I hope you like the card.

Susan

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and your son has done so well. Hugs Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! You've done a fab job with the sketch! And well done to Joshua - what FAB colouring!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this fortnight at Sunday Sketch & Stamp! Good luck! Hugs, Sem x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Like the personal touch of colouring the kitten to match. Mind you, your colouring is nearly upstaged by you sons!

    Thanks for joining in the fun at Sunday Sketch & Stamp.

    ReplyDelete