Saturday 11 April 2009

Elephants on Parade

It's my friend's birthday this week and last week she admired this stamp by Little Claire called 'Are We There Yet' at the craft club I run. She doesn't come to the craft club but helps out in the children's playgym in the next room and very kindly helps to organise drinks for the people in the craft club as well. So I stamped the image a few times as it's not my stamp and decided to make her a card for this week. Having seen the sketch on Papertake Weekly Sketch I decided it would fit in very well with the elephants image if I elongated it onto a DL card. So here's the card.

The image is coloured with watercolour pencils and then decoupaged on top of another image to give it some depth. The paper is Dovecraft Retro Floral Prints. Gems are Anita's and sentiment is Papermania.

I am very pleased with the results of this card and really hope that my friend likes it too. Please let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Great card Susan, love the elephants on parade. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thats really sweet! I love the ellies!! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!

    ReplyDelete